globalblog

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Dating!


Dating can be such a positive or negative experience, but once you date a person they seem so nice and almost perfect.

The reason I am writing about this topic is that one of my friends was looking for someone and she started with the website myspace.com. I told her to be careful when dating people from the web as I heard many weird and funny stories. She happened to tell me that she met this man or young boy who was cute and great body. Listening to this I asked myself what does a great body and being cute have to offer you? She then told me the next day that she will meet him for lunch after class. She was dressed to impress her date. She told me that she felt that something was wrong with him and could not think why she had a weird felling about him that something was just not right. After seeing him for lunch and talking on the phone she started to say that he was stubborn, demanding and that their relationship would only work if she fallows his rules. She figured that maybe it is because he has a strict father.

The second week came and she went to see him, they decided to watch a TV show that was with a cast of African American actors. He came out with a racist remark that made her mad, because to her it seemed that he was contradicting himself. Contradicting himself as being ignorant because he watches shows with characters who are African American. She asked him, "are you against African American?" and he tells her no, I am racist and my family used to own them!

She was shocked to hear this and told me that for him to make such a remark made her see him as "ugly"! I asked her why would he say something like that? She was even shocked because he attends SJSU and talks like that! She told me that after he opened his mouth to say that remark, he kept going on how the blacks are only looking for easy ways to make money and have a talent for dancing and singing but no brains. It made her so mad to hear all this comments that she decided to go home. She has also decided not to talk to him anymore and she was glad that she listened to her instinct telling her there was something wrong with this guy.

I told her that in the first place she should not be looking for someone, that the right person will come along. Secondly, that she really should not have gone to their home when she had only met them twice and felt something was wrong with them. Thirdly, I feel badly for those who are lonely and think they have to go through a dating process. Finally, I told her that she should just focus on school and might meet Mr. Right who will have the same interest as her. Of course, I hugged her in the end to let her know that it will all be okay and I am there for her no matter what.

I am glad that I do not have to go through the dating phase. I remember how hard it was to date and most of the time I didn't like the men I would meet. I even went on blind dates and let me tell you what a mistake it was. I would ask one of my friends call me within 15 minutes and tell me that I had to come home because of an emergency. This would happen on all my dates because they didn't look like the picture posted on their profiles. I would always have a funny story to tell the next day to my friends and they would laugh at me. Some would also tell me that it was mean to do that and what goes around comes around. I told them that I was honest with my profile and had nothing to hide.

Now I have a good man who helps me in any way he can, but at times we have our arguments. I guess it helps that he is not from the United States; he does not think of just taking the girl and sleeping with her as most men here in the US only think of; he has everything that I looked for in a man and a family person. But this will have to wait for another blog story for me to tell you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home